Library Board of Trustees
A seven-member board of trustees governs the library. The board meets at the library on the fourth Tuesday of each month at 7 PM. They represent the interests of the people in our library district.
They adopt library policies, set the library’s annual budget, and hire the director. All library board meetings are open to the public. Meeting agendas are available at the library before each meeting.
The members of the board are:
Christy Brice| Chair
Lisa Turney | Vice-Chair
Robert Firth | Treasurer
Stacey Schmitt | Vice-Treasurer
Dalton Torneden | Secretary
- Finance Committee – Christy Brice, Stacey Schmitt, and Robert Firth
- Personnel Committee – Dalton Torneden, Anne Kohlmeyer, and Lisa Turney
- Building Committee – Robert Firth, Melanie Morris, and Christy Brice
Board Meeting Documents
June 28, 2022, at 7 PM
- Director’s Report May 2022
- Financial Reports May 2022
- Statistical Report May 2022
- 2021 Archived Meeting Documents
The Board of Trustees operates according to a publicly-available set of bylaws. The board also utilizes a set of guiding principles known as RISE (Reading, Information, Space, and Entertainment) in determining the library’s direction.
Joining the Board
The board members serve four-year terms, with any Board vacancies being filled by election at the annual meeting. The position is a volunteer role, but it’s a vital position that helps determine the focus and future course of the library. It’s also a way to be part of a wonderful and integral asset to the community.